Tamron lenses have long been a popular choice for photographers looking for a better value alternative to their camera manufacturer’s own brand lenses. Tamron’s SP line of lenses have garnered a reputation for good quality at decent prices, and Tamron’s superzoom lenses have become poplar, mainly due to them offering a larger zoom range than anyone else for the money.
Below are a list of links to Tamron lenses I’ve had the pleasure of testing, along with a brief summary of my persoanl impression of how each lens performs.
Tamron Zoom Lens Tests & Reviews
- Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC Aspherical Interchangeable Lens Review
Lenses of this kind are always a compromise. This lens is certainly no exception to the rule.
- Tamron AF10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Asph Macro Interchangeable Lens Review
A very good performer for the price.
- Tamron SP AF70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) Macro Interchangeable Lens Review
Disappointing at 200mm, although this older lens is now available at bargain basement prices.
- Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Interchangeable Lens Review
Better optical performance than many more expensive lenses. Focusing is slow though.
- Tamron SP AF28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD Asp IF Macro Interchangeable Lens Review
Excellent fo rthe price. A bit soft at 75mm though.
- Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) Interchangeable Lens Review
A good performer, although the price may seem a little high for the spec.
- Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 VC XR Di ll LD Interchangeable Lens Review
Excellent at everything but 50mm and f/2.8
- Tamron SP70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD Interchangeable Lens Review
One of the better 70-300mm f/5,6 lenses available at the moment. A bit of a bargain.
- Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Interchangeable Lens Review
although still a compromise, the new PZD version of this lens is a big improvement.
- Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 VC USD Lens Review
Great performance. Silly price. Apparently it suffers with onion bokeh. All aspheric lenses will display concentric circles in OOF highlights in certain conditions. I wouldn’t worry about it. Now if it suffered with broccoli bokeh, that might be a problem.
- Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Lens Review
Great performance. Daft price.
Tamron Prime Lens Tests & Reviews
- Tamron SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro Interchangeable Lens Review
The standard Tamron SP 90mm Macro is hard to beat on price or performance.
- Tamron SP AF 180mm f/3.5 Di LD (IF) Macro 1:1 Interchangeable Lens Review
To be honest, I expected much better performance from this lens.
- Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro VC USD Lens Review
Great lens. Really daft price.